Day 1 - Introduction and basics
* What is heart rate variability?
* Respiratory and cardiac consideration
* Fundamentals of the biofeedback technique
Day 2 - Applications
* Using mediational models: Where does the pain come from?
* Chronic Muscle Pain (Low Back, Shoulder, Headache, Jaw, Arms, etc.)
* Disorders of Central Pain Sensitization (Fibromyalgia, RSD/CRPS), etc)
* Cardiac Rehab
Richard Gevirtz, Ph.D. is a professor of Health Psychology as DSPP at Alliant International University in San Diego. He has been active in biofeedback from its inception. Dr. Gervirtz has authored numerous chapters and articles in Applied Psychophysiology and Biofeedback. His current clinical and research interest is in the psychophysiology of pain and functional disorders.